- Write down pertinent data from the top or base of the board, for example, the Model Number, Serial Number, and particulars.
- Ensure you are acquainted with ESD and its potential threats while working with any circuit board.
- When introducing a motherboard turn the PC off and detach the force plug from the force supply.
Before introducing a PC motherboard, present beyond any doubt the defense bolsters the structure element of your motherboard. Today, the lion’s share of accessible PC motherboards are either ATX or MicroATX.
Check and set jumpers
Before introducing the PC motherboard, ensure every one of the jumpers or plunge switches are right. The jumpers and plunge switches can be changed when the motherboard is introduced, however it is less demanding to check them while the motherboard is outside of the case.
Today, motherboards have the jumpers set as auto, permitting either the BIOS or the product to setup the best possible settings for the CPU and memory and different settings. On the off chance that the motherboard bolsters this component, ensure the jumpers are set to auto. In the event that you need to alter the settings physically for your peripherals, ensure you are utilizing satisfactory settings. Despite the fact that you might have the capacity to “overclock” a framework, it is suggested you utilize auto or the genuine estimations of the framework first to ensure the framework works before messing with its settings.
Introduce pegs or standoffs
In the wake of check the jumpers, if standoffs or pegs are not in the chassis, embed these connections now. These are required to keep the motherboard from shorting out and should be embedded before introducing the motherboard.
At the point when introducing the pegs or standoffs make a point to embed them into the correct gaps. Numerous cases support diverse motherboard structure components, and if not set in the best possible openings, it might make harm the motherboard. The openings looking into the issue have a little sign of what the gaps are for; for instance, a gap may have the words ATX recorded alongside it to demonstrate the gap is for an ATX motherboard.
As the standoff is being introduced, ensure they are introduced immovably into the case to avoid issues, for example, the pegs coming free while unscrewing the screw from the peg.
After the standoffs are connected and the I/O plate is set up, introduce the motherboard into the case and ensure you adjust the back of the motherboard with the back of the case. As the motherboard is being introduced adjust the gaps in the motherboards with the pegs or standoffs.
Once adjusted, start putting screws into the motherboard that ought to go into the peg or standoff embedded before.
Alert: when sinking the screw you don’t need the screw to be too tight. On the off chance that fixed a lot of it can bring about the motherboard to break. In any case, the fasten ought to be sufficient to hold the motherboard set up.
Introduce vital segments
If not as of now introduced, introduce the beneath important segments into the PC.
Introducing a CPU
Introducing a force Supply
Front Panel Setup
Once the motherboard has been effectively physically introduced into the PC, the Fpanel (short for front board connectors) must be associated. This board controls such things as the force catch, reset catch, hard drive light, and power light.
Sadly, the setup of this board can confound at in the first place, even with the guidelines gave from the motherboard maker. The following are steps and extra data and help with effectively interfacing the links to this connector.
- This connector comprises of a progression of two pin connectors.
- The links that associate with the connector are 2, 3 or 4-pin connectors.
- The links comprise of red, green, blue, white or another shading link with a dark link. This may shift, the vital thing to recall is that the dark link or the dull shade of the link is ground or ‘- ‘.
- Most cases have a different link for every setting, except a few PCs now have these links as one vast connector. In the event that the PC has one huge connector, it just associates in one course. On the off chance that you are introducing another PC motherboard into an OEM case that uses a substantial connector, it may not work with your motherboard since it could be exclusive.
- Finally, the PC can’t boot on the off chance that one or a greater amount of the links is not appropriately associated. On the off chance that you can’t turn on the PC or get no post, check these links first.
Once the front board links are associated, interface alternate links in the underneath request.
- Connect the fundamental motherboard ATX style power link originating from the force supply to the motherboard. Note: interface the links in the right bearing, never drive the link. In the event that despicably associated, this it can obliterate the motherboard. Today, ATX and other motherboard structure elements have a keyed force supply connector that permits the link to be associated in one and only heading.
- Next, interface the SATA, IDE/EIDE or SCSI links to the motherboard from the CD Drive, hard drive, floppy drive.
- Connect the Molex power links from the force supply to each of the drives in the PC.
Once the motherboard has been effectively introduced and associated into the PC, interface the keyboard, screen, and energy to the PC. Try not to associate the majority of the links yet on the off chance that you experience issues and need to disengage every one of the links once more.
Once the PC boots enter CMOS setup and set the greater part of the qualities not naturally distinguished. We prescribe you check or set the underneath qualities.
- CPU Settings – ensure the best possible CPU pace and voltage is appeared or that it is set to auto.
- Memory – ensure the memory settings are correct, and all memory is identified.
- Drives – check the floppy, hard drive, and CD-ROM drive are all appeared.
- If onboard video, modem, system, or sound is on your motherboard and you need to them crippled for a expansion card you are installing disable these gadgets now.
- Check different settings, for example, the time, date, and COM ports.
Once everything has been legitimately recognized and setup, spare the settings and exit and reboot the PC.