PowerPoint is one of the most popular tools making discussions. It can be used for teaching purposes and discovering activities, and the appropriate usage of PowerPoint can enhance the learning experience either for instructors and students.
Even if PowerPoint is an extremely powerful tool making presentations, in some cases we might see an abuse of PowerPoint in teaching and knowing activities. It is essential to see that PowerPoint is the tool, and it can be used in a great or bad way. The speaker is accountable for using the tool in the suitable way in order to communicate the desired message to the audience without abusing it. Otherwise, there is a threat making an ineffective presentation.
Using slides, compared to other modern-day trends (like the zoomed discussions in Prezi) support the staff by assisting in the structuring of a presentation in an expert method.
The capability to utilize presentation design templates (even if downloaded from instructional resources utilizing a specific visual identity or from free PowerPoint design templates carriers), assists the presenter and discussion designer to conserve a great deal of hours of design work. Additionally, discussion design templates motivate the designer to reuse pre-existing styles following the colors and visual identity aspects offered by the school or University.
Personalizing the presentation design with designs can significantly enhance the clarity of the presentation. By using PowerPoint shapes, the presenter or designer has a great deal of flexibility to adjust the design to his own presentation needs, making the discussion to be editable in many methods. The designer can tailor the shapes by changing the colors, designs, add transparency or apply unique effects such as 3D.
The usage of images in the slides and editable diagrams produced with shapes, facilitates the teachers to prevent the common use of extreme text over white blank slides.
Here are a couple of recommendations when making discussions for the class or knowing activities:
– Be mindful blending media aspects, animation impacts or transitions. Even if animations can make the slideshow more revitalizing, do not abuse of this unique result and use it just if it adds value to the last presentation.
– Incorporate more advanced diagrams and designs to explain ideas and share ideas, but following the KISS concept.
– Optimize your discussion to the room projector. Modern discussion spaces include a 16:9 widescreen projector screen. Rather of utilizing the old 4:3 format in these cases, change the PowerPoint presentation format to widescreen and this will make the presentation to fit perfectly as soon as projected.
– Use an excellent contrast in between text and background colors.
– Convert paragraph text to easy sentences and use bigger font size instead of extreme text in the slides. Font style size above 18px facilitates the audience to read the slides even if they are in the back of the auditorium.
– Be creative, and mesmerize your students with original & impressive slides. For example, you can use a Breaking News Generator tool in PowerPoint to present your students a certain subject in an original way.
Speakers might desire to do an additional research while creating discussions for discovering activities and teaching purposes. PowerPoint is just a tool that might support your speech by including visual components to your presentation and helping to make interesting slides. If you need to make a presentation of 2 comparable topics, aim to deliver one with a PowerPoint presentation and another one without the assistance of slides. After you finish each presentation you can gather feedback from the audience by providing a quiz.